Careers with Us
Technical Sales Representative
The Natural Floorcovering Centre is looking for an enthusiastic and skilled Technical Sales Representative to join our growing team in Sydney.
We are seeking a strong sales-focused person to represent our company across multiple stores and take the lead in selling our wide range of beautiful, sustainable natural fibre floor coverings.
As a Technical Sales Representative you will be required to liaise with professional designers, architects and, of course, wholesale and retail customers both in store and in professional meetings.
Experience in natural fibre floor covering products such as sisal, coir and wool is a pre- requisite. Experience in the technical aspects of installation of natural fibre floor coverings will be very highly regarded.
To be successful in this role you be a self-starter with a proactive attitude and will possess the following attributes and skills:
- Outstanding customer service skills and a track record of developing product knowledge;
- Understanding technical floor plans and how they interface with floor covering solutions;
- Able to provide customers with a one-stop solution from start to finish;
- Strong negotiating skills combined with respect for Company policies and procedures;
- Able to provide in-depth sales reporting to Management;
- Able to prospect for new clients and develop & maintain key relationships within the interior designer & decorator & architectural markets;
- Competent in giving verbal and written presentations to potential clients;
- Able to keep client libraries & CRM systems updated;
- An eye for detail, texture, colour and design;
- The ability to work as a part of a successful, focussed team with complementary skills;
- An understanding of the logistics of broadloom material and the interface between the sales floor and the warehouse;
- Computer experience including Word & Excel and the ability to learn and understand our own Company software and point of sale programs.
Remuneration will be commensurate with experience.
If this sounds like you, we welcome your enquiry and CV, which you can send to email@example.com
Skilled and experienced Carpet Layer required
We are seeking a skilled and experienced carpet layer to join our growing team in the Sydney area.
This is a full time position and will cover various locations across Sydney.
Applicants must have at least 3 years related work experience or equivalent trade qualifications.
Applicants must be physically fit and must be experienced in all aspects of carpet installation.
Experience with the installation of natural fibre products would be an advantage.
The main duties of the role are
- Preparing and cleaning floor areas for carpet installation including take up and removal of old floor coverings and smooth edge
- Measuring, cutting and installing smooth edge
- Installing various underlay materials
- Laying carpet (sisal, sisal and wool, pure wool, seagrass),
- Stretching and securing carpeting and fitting edge trims in doorways
Applicants are expected to be skilled in the use of installation tools, with good practical knowledge of carpeting products and good interpersonal and communication skills.
Specialist training will be provided to ensure your existing skills translate to natural fibre products.
A competitive salary will be offered commensurate with the experience and technical capacity of the applicant.